Monday, June 15, 2015

Heat

Heat

It’s hot. Really hot. As I write this it is 97 degrees here in Jacksonville, though it topped out at 99 when I peeked earlier. It was so hot I didn’t even get this posted until Monday. 

The average high temp in June is ‘only’ 90, with the lows usually dipping all the way down to 70. This week, we’ll top 100 most days, and some won’t get out of the 80’s at night.


Last Friday my boss and I went out to find some of our drivers on route and give them a cold Gatorade or water. Those poor guys were melted, and it was ‘only’ 95 that day. We’ll both be going out separately this week doing the same thing. It’s hard to remind our guys if they are breaking a safety rule when it is this oppressively hot, but that’s part of the job as well.

It’s going to be cooler way south in Fort Myers and West Palm this week – what gives?


No comments:

Post a Comment